Search This Blog

Saturday 16 July 2011

The Big House

You're probably wondering where the BB posts are, aren't you?  Yes, I am indeed watching.  It's not really summer til BB starts :).  I did a complete 360 from complete elation at the returning veteran houseguests, namely the return of my beloved Evel Dick - to utter disappointment that he had a surprising & quick exit from the house.  Obviously it was for a very important reason that he opted to leave, but his presence will definitely be missed.  I hope that Daniele can reprise the Donato fortune this season as well, and show us all a double-win.  With both Jeff & Jordan also there, I'd also be happy if they were back to claim the prize (either one), as well.

Now, on to Brachel, or Branchel, or whatever you want to call them...how about the "Demasculinating" Duo? (Attention Rachel & Brandon....that AIN'T a word!!  I believe the term you were searching for may have been emasculating? *rolls eyes*).  Despite being really hard to love, they do spur on a great deal of drama, so they make the show fun.  I definitely don't want them to win, but I'll be okay if they last a little bit.  They're the type of people that you love to hate, ya know?  I can't believe he proposed to her...suppose they definitely are made for each other.  *shrug* 

For the longest time, I was puzzled as I looked at Rachel, wondering to myself, 'Who does she remind me of??!?'  Thanks to a friend on FB, who hit the nail right on the head, BOY GEORGE!  Hmmm....we haven't heard much about BG for a long, long time...Same person, perhaps? Click on the picture to make it bigger and really get a good look at the two.  Hahaha :).

It's too early to have formed too many opinions of the newbies, but here are a few:
  • Adam - at first I thought he'd be cool, what with the 'bad boy' vibe and all. I even laughed at the obsession with 90210, but I think, even just after a week, I've grown tired of it.  His 'monster-truck-announcer-yelling' grates heavily on my nerves.
  •  Dominic - not much to say; he doesn't seem to like the veterans, so I can't like him at the moment.
  • Lawon - I like this guy; he makes me laugh at his over-the-top style and personality.
  • Kalia - waittaminute -- I thought Oprah didn't have kids?  She looks like Oprah.  That's all I can say about her.
  • Shelly - She bothered me at the start, until Chris pointed out that her personality strikingly resembles Melissa McCarthy's role on Bridesmaids.  That's made her a lot more tolerable.  She won't last long though.
  • Cassi - She's pretty; she has great teeth and I was shocked that she is a smoker.  I guess she has to do something to suppress her appetite to keep her scrawny figure, after all.
  • Porshe - well, I suppose every season needs it's own ditzy blonde, huh? 
  • Keith - he bugged me the minute he opened his mouth, and I'm SO GLAD he was the first to go.
Have you been watching?  What are your thoughts (SPOILERS UNWELCOME!)

No comments: