Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 February 2013

hometowns, schmotowns

And then there were four....Hometown night, and we start in Houston, Texas and AshLee.  AshLee's adoptive family reveal a layer of overprotectiveness, and her dad tells the story of his 'first date' with her when she was 4.  Tell me there was a dry eye in the house, America - I dare you.

Seattle, Washington, the sun (!) and Catherine await Sean's next meeting.  Catherine's sisters express their doubt. I guess her mother gave her blessing; to be honest, I wasn't paying that much attention.  The hometown show usually bores me. I also wonder why we're even in Catherine's hometown. She's cute and all but I didn't really ever notice a spark betwixt the two *shrug*.

Lindsay-the-bride-army-brat's Something-About-Wood, MO is our next destination.  Lindsay throws Sean an army outfit and subjects him to a bit of an bootcamp which was actually kinda cute.  Then it was on to the General's place, who, in a roundabout way gave Sean his blessing to marry his daughter if they so choose to take their relationship that far (well, heck, she's got the dress anyway, right?).  It seemed like a positive date.  The General even gave Sean a pair of his own dog tags.  I still don't feel this union...we'll see.

Los Angeles is the backdrop of the drama and the union between Sean and Des' family... and before the drama with her family begins, there's a knock on the door and Desiree's ex-boyfriend appears confessing his undying love and affection for her (and I have to say it appeared completely scripted, and poor, POOR acting to boot).  Immediately I'm wondering if Sean's being punk'd just like he punk'd us on Emily's season, and like he punk'd her on their first date, come to think of it....*end commercial break*...and I'll just say HA!  Told ya so...  The date continues, and the meet the parents went fine; they seemed wholesome and happy for Des.  Then her brother calls him out as a playboy creating tension and awkwardness.  Could this be the demise of Sean & Des....hmmm...



Despite a painful turmoil-filled delay (thank the baby Jesus for recorded TV and a fast forward button), he does opt to keep his life drama-free and sends Des and her nasty brother packin'....and I gotta say, I honestly didn't see that coming.  I think he made a mistake, too.  I'm actually out of wit.  Guess we know who the next Bachelorette will be.  And maybe brother Nate will get the stick out of his ass by then.

No comments: