Search This Blog

Saturday 10 December 2011

Are you ready?

Well folks, you'll be glad that I spared you all the frantic, "omg it's only 4 weeks from Christmas; omg it's only 3 weeks from Christmas and I have NOTHING done".  It's currently 2 weeks from Christmas, and aside from a few bows, tags, and gift bags, I'm DONE!  That's right. Done.  The tree has been up and trimmed for two weeks. The cards (albeit, store-bought on account of my wrist issues) are addressed and ready to go in the mail. The gifts are bought, wrapped and under the tree.  Heck, I even have Chris' stocking stuffed.  And, I'm not gonna lie...it feels damn good! 

Per my usual routine, I took the first full week of December off from work and stayed on 'staycation' to accomplish the preparations for Christmas in the 'hood. I truly don't know how or if I'd get it done otherwise.  Of course, there will still be some final loose ends we'll need to do, like a run to the grocery store and the liquor store.  And of course the house still needs a good scrubbing (which, instead of blogging, I should be doing right now).  However,  I plan to completely and utterly ignore, avoid and boycott the malls altogether, and sit in front of my fake led-lit tree and electric fire, sipping on a mug of coffee and Baileys and just let it all happen :).

How are your preparations going?  I hope you're all making it as stress-free as humanly possible.  If not, go a little heavier on the Baileys hand - it might help :)

No comments: