Search This Blog

Monday 30 April 2007

Monday, Monday

Well the weekend was pretty uneventful. After working all day Saturday, I came home to a clean kitchen/living room!!!! Did the cleaning fairy read my blog!!? Maybe...but he/she fell short on the bathroom...it's still grungy. Chris & I supped on Wendys before heading out (just couldn't bear to mess up my clean kitchen). On our way to the liquor store we decided to pop into Linens & Things since it's a new store and we'd not been in one before - and it was right beside the liquor store, after all. As soon as I got through the doors I ran into an old friend and we chatted for what must have been a half hour. By the time I found Chris, Marco had already called to see where we were so we had to make a dash for some beverages (and chippies, & ice (inside joke)), then out to Ebenezer. I never got to see much of Linens & Things. Another day, I guess :P.

HNIE was pretty laid back. In between periods, Chris & Marco went out looking for worms! (fishing day the next day). I had a few Vodka Mudslide delights and we left at about 12:30 (after the game was still tied after the first overtime period). Update: Sens lost.

Sunday I was able to sleep in because this chick does not fish. Chris got up at 4:30am to go out to join Marco & Steve. I finally rose at about 11am. Strangely, my head was a little heavy, so I spent some time on the couch after I got up, and in between naps, finished the ominous pile of laundry - only to discover a new pile forming by Chris' side of the bed *sigh*. Chris returned home at about 5pm - you do the math...any catch? Nope, nadda. Ah well, male bonding, if nothing else. We made pasta and watched TV Sunday evening.

I'm just back from a date with Mummy. We went for supper at Pizza Delight and then back to her house for a coffee/chat. It was lovely. Upon my return, Chris informed me that he'd purchased a "waiting license", and showed me his "waiting stick". He'll be joining Marco again this weekend for more "waiting". Our cats are enchanted by the fishing pole....thinking it's a gargantuan cat toy, eyes lit up like Christmas trees.

No comments: