Search This Blog

Monday 2 July 2012

"I just want her to hold a gun all night long"

Well, well, well, I can hardly contain my excitement!  It's hometown night!  Julie, Erin & Tanya are visiting the 'hood with me too, so I'll have some guest commentators.  I told them I had to blog about this as we watched because there was no way I could watch it twice.  And here we go....

Thank goodness we get the sh!t overwith first, and we have Chris' hometown date at the beginning.  The setting is Chicago. To ease the jitters, Chris takes her to a pub where they recap his meltdown last week over a beer.  {Erin thinks he has beautiful eyes.  The other girls are more concentrated on her teeth.  They say veneers over a flipper.  Whatever, there's something fake goin' on in that mouth}.  Onward to the Polish homestead.  His dad assures Emily that Chris likes children to play the Ricki card.  Chris' blonde sister played the overprotective, don't-mess-with-my-brother role, and they share a private moment complete with shared pink lipstick after Chris tells her he loves her.  The perfect end to a perfect evening?  Why a Polish polka party, of course!  (It really was as unexciting as it sounds).

Jef-with-one-f hails from Utah, home of the fundamentalist Mormans.  Skater boy shows he's way more country than appearances indicate. He takes her for a ride in a dune buggy thing & skeet shooting before onward to meet his family - which turns out to be just his many brothers and sisters.  His many. many brothers and sisters (those Mormans like to spawn don't they?).  One of his many brothers shows concern whether or not Jef is ready to jump right into being a father right away {if he'd been watching the show at all he'd know that's a nail in the coffin for Jef}.  His sisters seem to welcome her, and overall, despite the fact that ma and pa weren't there, it seems that this hometown was a good 'un.  They steal away for some alone time where Jef reads her a little love letter and they share some very juicy romantical kisses.  I like this guy.

I'm a little surprised that Arie wasn't the last date of the evening, but next up is a visit to Phoenix and the racetrack, and Arie.  They share a few laps in Arie's Indy car and some wine while Arie warns her that she has her work cut out for her to win over his mother.  They gather at Arie's homestead and not long after her arrival his momma begins chatting with Arie in Dutch {hey, Momma Arie, that's rude in our homeland}.   Despite an awkward start with the language barrier the date seemed to go smoothly enough and she was granted Arie's parents' blessing.  I still don't trust this guy.  I don't know what it is. I liked him at first, but now, I think she can do better. Way better.

Sean's date has been saved for last, and we're now in Dallas.  Sean introduces her to his dogs, and picks her a bouquet of wild flowers before bringing her home to his momma.  She fits right in to the pretty family {did you SEE that freaking playhouse complete with air conditioner?}. He plays a practical joke on her (and all 4 of us were mouth open in complete horror) as he claims to still live at home and takes her up to his 'room', complete with dirty socks, stuffed animals & cookie crumbs.  Every woman in North America shared a huge collective sigh of relief as he confessed that it was all a joke. Talk about an ice breaker.  {Julie is pushing for a big win for Sean, but Tanya figures he's going to be the next Bachelor (I wouldn't mind that)}.  The family embraced her with open arms, and Sean chased her moving vehicle for one last kiss.  I like this guy, too.


And to NO surprise to anyone, she FINALLY sends Chris packing.  He's all a twitch and I dare say we may not have seen the end of this guy.  I fear he may be one of those 'surprise' returning guests who stalk their rejector.  Hey Chris, take note, just because you love her doesn't mean she HAS to love you back.  Best part of the whole episode.  Agree?

Alternate post title:  "Who knew that Jef in his skinny jeans would have been such a good shot?"

1 comment:

Lana said...

Finally got caught up on this episode. I was heartbroken when I saw Sean's "room". What a relief. If he's the next Bachelor, baby, sign me up! I'd fight 25 skanky ho's to snuggle up to him!!!