Search This Blog

Thursday 24 May 2007

I'm a dotcom!

Cheerio peeps; sorry I've been slack. I've been busy. Mandatory OT at work this week, and out visiting my bro/sis-law the past few nights, so not a lot of time to post. Tonight I've opted to stay in, try to get some laundry done (I should name this the laundry blog as it seems all I talk about is doing laundry :P), and pack for Mill River!!! Ang, Brandi, Maria and I are going to the Mill River Resort to partake in the Scrap Shack's Weekend Getaway, scrap-style! I'm sooo pumped! The official weekend starts Saturday morning, but we're going out Friday night to crop. Hopefully I'll get a lot done! Mummy gave me money for my birthday to support this event, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to go....so THANK YOU MUMMY. I love you very much!

Chris informed me that he has pointed this blog to www.ambermanuel.com. He had bought this domain for me our first year together as a Christmas present. We had plans to set up a website, and well, I'm a wee bit on the green side technically (still-haven't-figured-out-how-to-post-pics- on-my-blog :( kinda green), so he asked if I wanted this blog to point toward that site, since I've actually been posting regularly, so I said sure. Kinda neat; easier to let people know where to go to read this mundane drivel :). Enjoy...comment...make it known that someone actually reads this thing!

In other news, I was picked out of 400 others for a quote contest on Lisa Bearnson's blog! (http://www.lisabearnson.com/blog/). There was a total of 25 winners, and we're all receiving the Quickutz cookbook (http://www.quickutz.com/kidsfromhaiti/), plus another 'little goodie' from Lisa. The cookbook will be autographed by Lisa herself, and Natasha Hixon, founder of Quickutz. I'm so excited! The quote I used was found on a friend's website. I'd heard of part of it before - think maybe she added to it. I read it, loved it, and put it to memory, and thought I'd take a chance at the contest: "In life, take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back". Apt words to live by :) The cookbooks go toward such a wonderful cause too, so I'll be proud to own one!

No comments: