Search This Blog

Saturday 14 March 2009

A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams

I am alive; terribly sorry for neglecting you all, dear pets. What's kept me so involved, you ask? Fervently scouring the local real estate websites... Christopher and myself are feeling the itch and urge to upgrade our humble abode. The mini-home, while lovely and cheap, is so terribly small, with zero storage capacity. Chris practically works out of a closet space when you consider his "office" is also the storage room for the Christmas decorations, empty bottles, and his tools...not to mention the rabbit and his photography gear. The trailerhood itself is cramped tighter than a virgin - we have no driveway - the neighborhood kids do not respect our space - we can hear George pee if our window and his are open - you get the idea. It's TIME.

Right now, we're in the lowest, most minute preliminary stages, mind you...yet, I'm still super excited by the prospect of it all. I put in a call to our bank lady - the one who arranged the mortgage on our mini-home, to see kinda what stages we have to go through...what we can afford, etc..... She's yet to call me back (grrr!). I will have to start hounding her next week. Tomorrow, we hope to get out to a few Open Houses, and drive around to get an eye out on some prospective areas. The procedure could take months...and I will undoubtedly drive my friends, family and co-workers clean crazy....bear with me, all!!

We're trying to finalize some points of interest for what we're looking for. To get to that, we must also come to terms with our differences. I would like new. Chris would rather old. I could care less about landscaping and trees. Chris covets a lot with ample mature trees and privacy from the road/neighboring homes. I don't want to live through a bazillion stages of a fixer-me-upper. Chris would love to tackle a fixer-me-upper. I would really prefer an up to date kitchen and bath. Chris could care less as long as we have running water and good plumbing. Honestly, it will come down to what we can afford to shell out.

Our 'needs' and 'must haves' include: 3BR (we still need an office for him and a craft room for me), and either a basement or a garage for storage and future potential studio space for Chris. I would almost give my left hand for a walk-in closet...but it's not a necessity, although ample closet space is (to me at least. Yeah, I'm a clothes hog, deal with it :P). I do not ever want mirrored sliding closet doors again. I would like an actual linen closet in the bathroom next time. High speed internet access is essential. A closet to store cleaning supplies and recycling is essential. I want the light switch for the bathroom to be inside the bathroom. I want a separate switch for the bathroom fan - not to have the freaking fan turn on the minute the light is flicked on. (As you may have inferred, I have a rather tumultuous relationship with my current bathroom).

Allllllll we want and more.....no problem, right? ;)

Soooooo if'n any of my local reading public is aware of any beautiful, cheap, ideal, cheap, beautiful homes for sale in your vicinity...let a girl know, eh? We're not picky ;)

Oh, and if you all could possibly cross every finger, toe and available appendage that this process works, and works well, for us, that'd be cool, too.

No comments: